The following scholarship opportunities are
available through Coastal1 Credit Union:
Coastal1 Credit Union is pleased to announce the 2024 Investing in Your Future College Scholarship and its specifications. Coastal1 Credit Union will award ten (10) $2,000 one-time scholarships to students starting their first year of college.
- Applicant must be a member of Coastal1 Credit Union.
At least a custodial savings account in the applicant’s name if a minor.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- Applicant must be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a four-year college/university
undergraduate program. Proof of acceptance/enrollment must be submitted with the application.
- Applications must be received by Friday, April 5, 2024.
Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Coastal1 Credit Union employees and their children are not eligible.
Applicants must submit a strong word essay (500 words maximum) responding to the following:
What field are you interested in pursuing? How can you use the education in this field to make an impact/change in the world?
To apply, please submit the following:
- 350-500 word essay
- Proof of acceptance into college or a university undergraduate program. Please include a photocopy of the acceptance and enrollment letters on official college/university letterhead.
- List of extra-curricular or volunteer/community service activities.
- If you don’t have access to a computer to complete the online application, you may download the application here or obtain one by visiting one of our branch locations or contacting Jason Hernandez, VP Community Outreach at 401-729-5767.
Decision Process & Timeline
- Applicants will be notified in June 2024.
- Recipients will be chosen by a panel of Coastal1 Credit Union employees.